Now I know a very handsome guy who wanted to grow a mustache as an attempt to boost "work morale". Kind of like an "espirit de corps" initiative. It has inspired a bunch of others in the work arena to also grow their mustaches. It is now being affectionately called Mustache March. (full frontal view of above specimen)
In an attempt to not exclude anyone from this venture, I've even invited the women from our squadron. They aren't going to wax or bleach their mustaches this entire month. (I know, I know, I am so inclusive)
To those who shunned the opportunity at work (bunch of sour pusses) to grow their mustache, The Mustache has shunned them (with the tongue's help).
Now, can you believe that the Mrs is not excited about the 'stache? The mustache has offered a kind gesture by letting her kiss the lips and rub up against him but she is too much of a high "brow" for Mr. Mustache..... maybe if we purchased some "product" to jazz and dress up Mr. 'Stache, he'd get more feminine affection. Brigham likes to try to lick Mr. Mustache when he rubs against his face or neck. Not exactly the affection Mr. 'Stache is looking for but it is a lot better than the slap that Mr. Mustache gets when he rubs up against the face or neck of the Mrs.
Where was I for the last few months? I was gone a lot in January and February working and studying for the second part of my board examinations. In all this education/training/work adventure, I have missed a lot over the past 10-12 years. When I was gone, Brigham started walking.
The lovely Mrs spent Valentines day alone, but she got to wear her pendleton suit that her daddy bought her for valentines when she was sixteen (an annual tradition if you remember from last year). Another sacrifice of this education/training stuff.
I also "got" to miss Tal's 3rd birthday....
I wasn't there to help keep the kids out of trouble.... but if I end up passing boards, which I should find out this next week, then I will officially be DONE! Board certified Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon. My family and I are ready to be done with all this studying, tests, etc. To celebrate, we are going to Disney World this next week for spring break! My results should arrive while I am at Disney World, so if I fail, too dang bad, I am rewarding myself anyways!My cousin, whose blog I freely enjoy, thus is probably the only one who has moral authority to make me post, guilted me into posting; so you can all thank her. Otherwise, I would have waited till I got my results back from boards and some cute pictures of the kids terrorizing Disney World and its patrons.....
14 comments:
This is hilarious. I mean, your mustache is kind of gross. But it is funny because my apartment (we are known in Tucson as "The Village People") recently decided to grow mustaches ourselves. It MUST be the right thing to do, because we were likewise inspired from hundreds of miles away!
Sooooo you mean "gross" in an "inspiring way"? I'll take that as a compliment.... I mean not "gross" like "rinsing out the ole breast pump at the institute building"....
I am a bit envious of you and having just finished your last step of boards. That seems like such a dim light to us right now!! But I know that before we know it we too will be done with it all. That is in another five or so years when Ryan finishes up with his REI fellowship!! Yeah he can't just be a generalist-no not him!!! Congrats and have a great time at Disney World!!!
Poor Lani! Facial hair is pretty nasty - consequently Neal is trying his hand at a beard while I'm away this month...
But congrats Sherdon for finishing! Can't wait to hear about the Disney trip and the final results! Good luck!
Oh how we've missed you! Kudos to the cousin for her guilting you into an update. Love those cute kids and sweet wife...not a fan of facial hair either...though I applaud your attempts to boost morale, however gross it may be.
I was really startled for a second, I didn't really know what I was looking for at first. I think that I should say, Congrats! My brothers can't really grow mustaches, or is that my dad? Anyways, glad to see you are back and still alive, good luck with the boards, and have a great time at Disney World! I can't wait to hear about it!
I have to say though, I AM a fan of facil hair, but it's mostly so I can tell my husband from his brothers!
I think Andy's would be about the same...a bit sparse! :) HAHAHA! You are too funny!
That picture of the tree is a bit scary....YIKES! I am glad you guys are celebrating!! Hope you have a great time!!
Okay, Mr. Stache; those pictures are just gross. No one should have to look that closely at nose hair; no offense. And Lani, I'm with you. I think the only one that should get action is Mr. Clean...shaven. Also, how do you still fit into your dress from when you were 16? NICE!! Enjoy Disney World! I'm glad it's nearing the end for you guys. So when are you moving to Moscow, ID? : )
hahahahaha
I have to say I'm pretty proud of your mustache. Its not an easy with our family genes.
I'm sure you did great on your boards..I mean this is YOU were talking about! :)
Have fun at Disneyworld! Were headed to Roosevelt for the week. I'm so excited...fishing and reading for 7 days straight. ahhh bliss...
Love you guys,
your sis
Your stache makes you look like Pedro's other cousin from Napolean Dynamite or something, ha ha sweet. Disney world is so much fun!! Animal Kingdom was one of the best, don't let your kids loose though, you might not get them back from that big zoo!!
Sherdon, this post makes your familial tie to Colton extremely obvious. I'd have to say that you two look alot alike, chin to nose.
I can't imagine you not passing your boards, with how hard you've worked. Can't believe your there. Congrats brother, your break is well earned and deserved.
Poor Colton.... I hope he forgives you for saying that Molly. He may never talk to you again if you keep on insulting so.
I, on the other hand, have just made you my favorite sister for the nice compliment. Colton happens to be a very handsome man (in a rugged man to man way).
Hey! So I received a revelation today. An angel appeared to me and told me that you're totally ridiculous for even thinking that you wouldn't pass. Afterward I passed out for a few hours and Jerrae found me lying in Statt's crib. Weird, I know. But anyway, you passed...no problem. So live it up in Disney World and eat a Churro for me..actually, if you are going to eat them for me the you'll need to eat at least 3-4 per day. It's an expensive addiction, but at least I can admit it! - Chris
Post a Comment