Redoing our countertops and backsplashes.... the kids were a great "help" in the project. I am all plum tuckered out. Kind of fun to reuse some old skills that my uncles "installed" in me and that subsequently fed myself and family during college years.... "thanks" Chip, Shaun, Blaine, Grandpa, and Bill. Now my wife has great dreams and grandeurs of what honey dos I should be doing to not let these skills go extinct. Lets just say that they definitley cut into sleeping time.I almost rehydrated by just breathing the air and feeling the feel of soft supple grass under my bare feet again. Water everywhere!

11 comments:
Hey I thought this was a family blog. What is with the sudden inclusion of nudity :) OH my! I'm so sad. I knew you guys were coming, I told Jason we were going and then somehow it slipped my mind. Did you know they called me to be the primary president in 1st ward? Apparently that training down in Tuscola was to tempting to pass by. Anyway I'd just like to say since then I think I've lost my mind. Really bummed we didn't get to see you...haha! By the way the counters look AWESOME! I love those manual labor skills that pay the bills.
You did a super good job! Surprised you have masonry skills. I knew you could frame, didn't know you could do tile. It's a pretty detailed when you include mosaic work. Looks good.
Ronny and I went camping this last weekend and I forgot the dang camera! We're going again in July with hopefully Ammon, his kiddos and mom. I'll remember the camera next time. We had a ball, we camped right next to the Cd'A river, fished all day, ran into a few bear turds, caught frogs. It was so nice to get away from phones, tvs, pretty much everything.
The tile looks great. And what a fun trip to the water park, at least for you and not anyone swimming behind you!! Such a cute family Sherdon!!!
I check your blog often and I love it. I always tell Bill the funny stuff you post. Your kids are beautiful. You can bet I will be telling Bill about your counter tops. Keep up the good work.
Wow, it is so green! I can't wait to graduate and move somewhere alive.
Nice tiling job. You could give my mom a run for the money. Although, now that I think about it, I have no idea how she learned to lay tile...
P.S. Don't act so surprised that you are good at manual labor. You ARE half Mexican.
that pool comment is just a little scary, but we totally had that at the ranch. Come and see. What a fun roadtrip, your backsplash looks great. I say bring on the honey do list! Hope to see you this weekend!
Colton: I actually fully embrace my half-mexicaness and I try not to run or deny it in anyway, except when it comes to manual labor. BUT, and I say with a big BUT, I fully and wholey embrace it when it comes to food, siestas, large hats that block the sun, and a desire to migrate north!!!!! This heat is killing me!
Looks like things are always hopping at the Cordova house! If you are ever wanting to be in greener pastures West of the Mississippi, Des Moines is nice!
How fun! I was wondering if you or your uncles might want to pass on some of those skills to Steven. I wouldn't mind making some of those honey do lists. Cute, Cute family! You guys are AWESOME! :O)
Hey, Caleb and I are trying to figure out what to do about getting home. We were wondering if the invitation to rest our heads at your place is still open. Me and the kids decided to drive with him and we'll need to take a good long break to stretch our legs. Are you closer to the 10 or the 40? Anyways, let us know! Thanks.
Post a Comment