Thursday, November 6, 2008

This world is great! Absolutely no sarcasm involved!











I had very little doubt that Sen Obama would be the next president. I wouldn't vote for him if you held a gun to my head because he has absolutely no experience at all and this country is in deep trouble. I'd elect his wife before I'd elect him because she has at least an ounce of real world experience. This guy is the biggest novice of all time. We've just elected Erkyl to the presidency. Congratulations. We wanted to show the whole world we weren't prejudice sooooooo bad that we decided that we would elect this guy at one of the darkest hours in our country's history. Once again this country in its superficiality, elected style over substance, chose ease over work, fell in love with looks over substance. But the greatest part of this country is this:






I went to bed election night at 9:30 pm and left my wife in misery that the "anti-Christ" was now running America. (I love how she gets so passionate about politics.) I awoke the next morning for an early morning run. I woke up sooooo happy, so excited and blessed to be an American. I woke up with hope, vision, and excitement. I was inspired, touched, and lifted..... not because we had just elected the first half black president, but because of what I saw in the mirror when I woke up. When I realize my potential and my blessings and my future in this great land, I realize that I am all the earthly inspiration I need. It doesn't matter who is pontificating in the oval office or who is lying through their teeth. It won't affect me that much because my faith is in me.






The other reason I am excited and genuinely happy is for all those who have put their trust, faith, and hope in Obama. For the last 8 years they have just been miserable. I have heard a lot of complaining, grumbling and crying about Bush this, and Bush that and Bush here and Bush there. There is such a large sector of this country who has blamed him for everything. For their poverty, for their lack of education, for their repossessed homes, for their depression, for their daily temperature changes, for their infertility, for their bad judgment, for their lust, for their stupidity, for their unemployment, for their bad luck, for their body odor, for gas prices, for the price of tea in China. You name it it is Bush's fault. Now these "prone to whiners" better become the "yes we canners". They have no more excuses for their lives. They got their inspiration and now I hope to see an inspired America.






As for the rest of us. We have ourselves. We will work hard, we will invent, we will drive, we will adapt, we will evolve and we will be successful no matter who is in the White House. We will drive this country because we always have and always will. Now hopefully we'll have the "crying-blaming majority" start to get off of their back sides and take charge of their lives. Bush will be gone and there won't be anyone to point a finger at except themselves. Frankly, politicians don't excite me, they are the necessary evil of mortality. In the next world Christ will rule and reign and the righteous will then govern themselves.... now thats my kind of government! But for now I'll continue to be inspired, not by the half -black president of the USA but by the half-mexican bloggin', tooth shuckin monster, pappa of six wild kiddos, in north Texas! :)

33 comments:

Crys said...

What is it with being half mexi? Is it just in the genes that one is attracted to a life full of hard labor :) I woke up feeling just like you. Of course I'd gone to bed milling over the fact that I couldn't think of a single politician current or past I'd be willing to leave in charge of my kids for any amount of time. I'll be honest though that the part of me that loves impromptu sociology experiments was tingling. What is going to happen to a whole new generation of voters when they realize that campaign promises mean nothing when faced with real world situations. It should make for an interesting four years and heck I figure even if things really did ever go horribly wrong (I mean seriously is there anyone in the Senate who doesn't seem like a complete bonehead on either side of the aisle) we could just cross that border that my dad so lovingly used to say crossed him first and I could spend my life living it up in a hammock in Cancun being supported by dr. J doing face lifts on rich expats with the same idea :) Lani you have to post some more cute pics of the kids so we can think about something besides politics :)

Anne said...

I would guess that Bush can't wait to head back to Texas. I don't know a lot about his ranch, but I bet he could camp out there for a couple of years and not care if he saw another person. I can just imagine him running home and locking the doors. The problem is....like your father-in-law told me, if Obama doesn't save the words, they will blame it on how poorly things were when he entered his office. Nice post!

Wendi said...

Love the "grill", Sherdon!

I especially loved how Obama was already apologizing in his acceptance speech for the promises he knows he can't keep.

"We might not get there in a year, we might not even get there in a term, but we will get there..."

Really? Wow, if we just wait it out I believe any president can claim that one.

Disgusting.

Colton said...

I wouldn't worry about it. Politicians are all the same. Nothing is going to change, we can just keep right on with our lives.

But man, you are heated about this.

Iowaspuds said...

Change happens, right!

Seth & Erin Finch said...

Well, I think the whinners will be distracted for a little while untill they find something else not going there way and begin pointing fingers again, it's a vicious cycle.

mwalker said...

Even though I don't agree with your political position brother, I do agree with your view of every person answering to themselves, for their own decisions and ultimately their own lives and childrens (while under age of course ;).
Also, those who think that their lack of education, bad personal choices and the natural consequences that follow are results of the current president (or any other entity in that case,) are extremely ignorant and will be lost in that self pity hole forever.
You are BLESSED with the most supportive wife I've ever heard of, the cutest and most talented children I've come across and loved by the loudest mouthed little sister you've got!

Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

I love my two youngest sibblings.

I have 3 close black friends who are educated, self made, intelligent and highly successful. They think my post is funny. I have watched with great interest their opinions as this election cycle went on. They think it was criminal the majority of their ethnicity just stared into the eyes of Obama and believed that he was going to fix all of their problems that they created themselves!

I thought it was enlightening that Iran, Al Quaida, The Taliban, Hamas, Hugo Chavez and every other communist/socialist in the world were elated that Obama won. THINK OF THAT! My one question to my two darling sibblings (and I already know the answer) is how does that make you feel?

Most of the people I know who voted for McCain were pragmatic and understood the issues. They weren't "mezmorized" or "in a trance" with him. They voted on stone cold facts. They had a list of things about him they disagreed with. Most of the people who I know who voted for Obama thought he was "a good speaker", "good looking", "hip", "different", "fresh", "inspirational". My question is how do you measure those things? Just remember, my dear sibblings, I lived in Obama's state for 4 years. My wife and I followed him closely. He was a puppet. He was pushed forward and held up by the Liberal Chicago society. He took no stand, authored no bills, did nothing because he wanted to hang in the back of the room so he had no history. He wouldn't released and still has not released any personal information on himself. The first president in history that we couldn't study his character because he hid it. He hid his grades, his papers, his stances, his medical history, his writings. This has never happened in the modern history of this country. You only know what the press wanted you to know. 9 out of 10 people in the national press are card carrying democrats! Imagine that! But the common American fell for it. The average slupp just wanted "change". What is funny is that they are going to get "change" alright.... change for the worse....

I will name for you right now a bunch of African Americans who I would have voted for president this year OVER McCain: Colin Powell (a liberal "republican" but at least he has some experience-I bet Obama can't even find the bathroom in the capital let alone lead the free world), Condalessa Rice (absolutely incredible), Lynn Swann, Alan Keyes (one of the sharpest politicians alive hands down!), JC Watts, Gary Franks, there are plenty to chose from who are far more qualified, have experience, and who do not just talk. They just don't "stir" people. And people it seems want someone who they get tingly feelings for and not necessarily someone who has done, is doing and will do the intelligent and right things in their office. I am sooo excited now because all of the Obama supporter's lives are just going to be the best, the greatest. No more problems! Just think of it!!!!!! Now Iran, Venezuela, Hamas, Al Quaida just love us and are going to mail happy grams to us in the mail! I feel so much better now that we have their respect!

I am just excited because now there are no more excuses. Bush is gone! My ears are tired of the blame shifters and the belly achers. I am so excited for the next 8 years. I am going to just love it when things get worse... a lot worse when the people who make a lot of money move that off shore. When they move jobs and industry to other countries in faster quantities than you can even imagine. Prices go up as the increased taxing of the upper class just gets shifted to the middle and low class because the upper class will just eliminate jobs, cut benefits, increase prices and pass the tax increase to the common joe. I can't wait! I think we will see what we saw when Jimmy Carter was president... 21% inflation (7 times what it is today), 10% unemployment (double what it is today), a virtual demoralized society.
Obama being half black has nothing to do with his inexperience, bad ideas, nontransparency etcetera....

I actually feel sorry for the majority of Obama supporters because they were duped this election and a good portion of them will be the ones who will suffer this next 8 years.

Lani said...

There Ammon, I removed the picture because it offended you and it didn't get my point across like the other pictures do.

Zach and Sarah said...

I hear you clucking, big chicken. (Thanks to my SIL for that quote). I thought your comments to the post were even more eloquant than the post itself. I had serious reservations to both canditates, as many, many, many people did, but had to vote for the (MUCH!!) lesser of the two evils. It killed me to see how much of this election was based on race--even McCain's concession speech focused way too much on it. I'm very interested to see what "changes" Obama (or his advisors??) plans for America. Okay-can't think about it anymore. Deep breaths--deep breaths.

Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

Ammon, I have more black friends than you, I work with more black people than you, and you can call them personally and see if I am a "race hater". Colin Powell voted for Obama because he has been persecuted by the black community for 30 years as a traitor and it has worn him down. 4 of the 5 secretaries of state endorsed McCain... what makes powell's opinion better than theirs. Two of them served twice as long as Powell in that post. The reason Powell is important is because of his race! What about Iran and Hamas and Al Quaida.... what a distinguishing group of endorsements! What about Oprah (wow she's brilliant), Puff Daddy (now there is a model citizen), what about Sean Penn (he is a genius!) Plus, he didn't agree with the administration on Iraq and if you read a lot about how the dynamics of the administration went, Powell wanted everyone to bow to him in the cabinent. But even then, I'd vote for Powell because he has experience.

About experience: when you go to the doctor and you need a surgery, would you take the guy who has done surgery or the guy who has never touched a scalpel. When you get a babysitter do you get the cute babysitter that has a boyfriend with a nose ring and tattoo or the one who has baby sat for you and that you know. No experience might work for some jobs(flipping burgers)this country is more important than turning it over to someone with zero experience. Palin at least has some executive experience. Governor has been the number one prior position of presidents in the past 50 years! At least she has a record. At least she has done something in 2 years as governor. Obama has authored not one bill, has had zero accomplishments and has layed low. He has been an abscentee senator with the most liberal voting record of all 100 senators and that comes from an independent non partisan think tank. But you are right, she is too inexperienced for me for president. She would make a nice vice president to get experience but I wouldn't vote her for president. There is a huge difference between President and vice president. You are comparing apples and oranges. Now that he's won even the intellectual elitist liberals admit that Obama is the least experienced and least known president to have EVER been elected! Even the intellectual liberals worry over the "fawning of the common American over him". It is almost cult like.... save that stuff for religion and rock concerts but it doesn't work well in politics.

Once again the mentality that "Bush got us in trouble".... you mean Bush got people into mortgages they couldn't afford? You mean he ran up peoples credit card bills? You mean he encourged predatory lending to people who had credit scores half of their IQ? You mean he forced big businesses to overextend their promises to organized labor so that they were overwhelmed with obligations? You mean he hijacked four planes and tried to ram them into government buildings? You mean he encouraged investment bankers to invest $30 for every $1 dollar that they actually had? Ammon, my dear brother, Americans screwed up America. We are fat, greedy, lazy, lying, unresourceful, uneducated, easy road out, big screen tv watching, free hand out, break our promises and commitments, stealing, credit mongering, and frankly stupid. When common people act that way it is just a matter of time before it catches up to us. No bailout, no external plan of government, no amount of money can fix these problems. No president deserves that credit or blame.... that is my whole point. This guy is no messiah, he is an empty coat and the common people are looking for an external answer to their own internal problems.

I have two main beefs with President Bush (a finding you won't see in the Obama crowd/liberal media- objective cross examination): 1. He went to war in Iraq on bad intelligence. I think the result will be positive but the motive and intelligence was bad. It was the best intelligence we had but it was still bad.

2. He grew government spending like a liberal. He was suppose to control government spending and reign in all the wasted spending but he didn't. He let the congress run wild and didn't veto hardly jack! This is where I especially am angry with him. He promised to do differently and he didn't. Why would I vote for someone who promises He will spend more than even Bush did?

In all my ranting and loquatious entries it comes down to this for those of you who want the Cliff Notes version. Obama is a fraud/no experience. I am happy we have elected a half black man as president for race alone, I just hope he doesn't screw it up so bad that people don't elect another one who might run in the future who actually will have experience and is qualified for the job. Most of the upper class/intelligent people will succeed and thrive no matter who is president. It is the middle and lower people who will get jacked up. I am hoping that all the unhappy Bush haters can actually look in the mirror for their problems instead of outside. When the problems get worse because they are complicated by a novice trying to "be the messiah" I just want to hear silence. I want the truth to sink to the marrow of the bone. That is when America will wake up and correct itself. And for the 1% of people who make it to this sentence, I really am enjoying my new found hobby of tormenting the "cult followers of our new President". I think I am going to send President elect Obama a thank you note for waking up my enjoyment of this new past time.

Lani said...

since finishing formal schooling, I have been looking for a hobby. I couldn't go back to clinging to my gun (too expensive of a hobby for my current income), I do cling to my religion even though my wife wishes I would cling to it even tighter. I just wanted to be a controversial and as edgy as Colton (just with worse grammar and spelling):) and stir the pot a little bit. When you stir the pot, I've learned it is fun to watch what floats to the top of the soup :)

Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

I guess if you believe in Jesus Christ and actually believe WHAT he says: "be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".... then I've got a lot more "clinging" to do to my religion. (that was as close as one can get to being sacrilegious quoting Christ and President elect Obama in the same sentence)

I owe every success, every blessing every honor I've ever had to Christ and I can trace every single thing back to living the gospel as taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know me well and without the church I would be an absolute miserable, despicable bum. I would never have the absolutely matchless wife and the priceless kids I have. I would have married someone else, been divorced because of anger or infidelity or just not caring. I would have great anger issues (even greater than the ones I already wrestle with). I would not have educated myself. I would have looked for an easy way out by being dishonest or find something temporary but really of no benefit to society. I would be like Chris Farley said, " a miserable man living in the van down by the river". My strength and accomplishments are because of the principles taught at church and the growth and development I have received by believing and practicing. As a good friend of mine says: "the proof is in the pudding".

Others might be successful without the restored gospel of Jesus Christ but I would be a living wreck, a shell of a man, and a scourge to society and to myself.

I love the gospel and I know it is true and real. The more I "cling", the better my life has gotten. :)

mwalker said...

First of all FAMILY (that's what we are right?) This arguement (that's what it is, don't fool yourself,)can never be won, proven true or false, nor can we call a winner and send out a trophy. So with that said, I have some things to share, lovingly.....

I am a registered Republican first of all. I agree with many views in both parties, just wish we could merge the two. Any type of extreme is a scary thing Sherdon. Moderation in all things....moderation in all things,(need I state this again?)
Obama did get endorsements from extreme foreign groups. That's a fact, you're right. Could it be possible that these groups also approve of Obama for the same blind unaccountable reasons American citizens do? Could it be possible that Hamas, and Al Quida approve of him because of false hopes?
I don't think it's fair to peg Obama and his campaign as a celebrity seeking, Hamas recruiting candidate.
Is Obama to be held accountable for his supporters' lifestyles?
He can't do anything to change what Americans have already chosen. We as Americans need to start taking accountability for our own actions. I pity,(not want to harrass and laugh at) anybody who thinks Obama can change, or somehow reverse the bad choices they've made. I pity anybody who puts their faith for their future in any type of worldly entity, building, religion or administration of ANY kind. I think this is a mindset for insecure and scared individuals who do not want to look inside themselves and to their God for answers that are righteous and good for themselves, NOT THE MAJORITY.
Yes, Obama got approval from violent insane groups, celebrities and private citizens (minus Joe the plumber who was hired as a tag-along for the McCain campaign.) Did we somehow miss to mention the MASSIVE MAJORITY of acceptance he got from foreign leaders and citizens?
Like you Sherdon I agree we went to war in Iraq on bad intelligence. Intelligence Bush knew was lacking in incriminating evidence, yet made the decision to break one of the most fundamental Just War regulations set in the Geneva Code. The majority of Americans supported Bush INITIATING a war that has killed 4,193 American military personnel and between 88,000-97,0000 Iraqi civilians. All on a "hunch."
I think peace and cooperation are highly overlooked by the right wing party. I think the reason Colin Powell endorsed Obama, was not because "he has been persecuted by the black community for 30 years as a traitor, and this has worn him down," but because maybe he doesn't agree with his party's views, and especially the war. It doesn't seem to me that Colin has a character that's prone to be "worn down."
And this is all I'm going to say.
*Are we all still on for the white elephant Christmas exchange?*

Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

I disagree with you Molly on the intelligence issue. I don't believe Bush nor congress knew how bad the intelligence was. It was the best intelligence that we had and it pointed to the fact that Sadam was hiding something. We now know he was bluffing because he was trying to hold Iran at bay for so many years by a "false cache of weaponry" that we felt would be devastating in the new post 9-11 era. Sadam kicked out the weapons inspectors. We gave him notice after notice with the threat of war. He called our bluff and we went in. If you remember the state of the country post 9-11, we had to start taking every threat seriously. I mean 19 people with box cutting knives essentially brought this country to its knees in the middle of a recession. This country fell flat on its face. Our eyes became open to "new threats" even "suspected threats". We got a little trigger happy you could say but you know what when you get mauled by a grizzly bear and survive, even a squirrel jumping out of a hole in front of you might get blown to bits. It is dumb but it is human nature. The case was presented before congress and congress gave the president authority. AFter the matter congress used it to politically flog Bush and Bush decided that we were there, we'd created a political vacuum and al Quaida started pouring over the border into Iraq to fight us. He decided that we put ourselves in a position to fight radical islamic fascist and so we stayed and drew terrorist into more of a conventional war. I wish Bush was more apologetic about the original intelligence. Lots of people make decisions on bad intelligence like investments. Some people spend tons of money for things they think will be worth more money....sometimes they are right (hey you're a genius) sometimes they are wrong (I'f I'd only known or seen). Molly, the deaths of American and Iraqi lives are tragic. Do you know of anyone personally who has died? I have. More importantly I know many who have gone who come back and are disgusted with what is portrayed about Iraq. It is much better than the media portrays. We have been making a difference for so long but it will never be told to the American people. Most people listen to the news. I know people who are over there for years. We aren't getting the full story from the press.

Let me give you some perspective Molly. We have lost 4100 + Americans in Iraq. Do you know we lost more than that in 24 hours multiple times in world war II? Do you know that in the same amount of time we have lost over 10 times more people in this country to alcohol alone? Not to mention drugs. Do you know we have single 24 hour days in this country where there are as many abortions in this country in a single day than all of iraq deaths in over 6 years? Where is the outrage there? Where are all the "righteous anti war people there?" I'll tell you where they are. They are on an agenda. If it is death by alcohol or death by infanticide/abortion it is a "choice" or protection of a woman's choice but if it is death by gun violence in the intercity it is "normal". It isn't even reported!!!!! But the media feeds the average American a steady diet of what it wants to (bad bush, bad iraq decision, bad conservatives, bad right wing radicals) and the average American eats himself drunk on what others want him to think. Did you know we had single nights of "carpet bombing" in World War II where we killed 20-30 thousand people per night in air raids on factories and munitions depots? One single night! With out precision war we killed thousands of civilians... it is incredible. But we were trying to break the back of a mad man who was on a mission to destroy a race and rule the world. Sadam killed more of his own people than we have and yet, where was the outrage there? I know the intelligence was bad but the over all outcome might be worth it. Time and history will show whether it was worth it. I will withhold jugdment for now on Iraq and whether it was worth it until I am old. All I can say is what we went in for what wasn't there, the intelligence was bad. The executive, AND congressional department bought it by a large majority but who can blame them. We entered a new world post 9-11.

I just think it is funny that I get lectured by people who have lived in Eagar and northern idaho, the "megatropolises of racial enlightenment". I should be insulted because some of my family has no idea what they are talking about. I have more interacial experience and contact and exposure than most all of them combined. I just laugh. I judge people on the content of their character, the composition of their intelligence, the virtue of their values and not the concentration of the melanin in their dermo/epidermal junction.

Religion is the new "racism" in this country. It is the new bigotry and the current persecution. According to Christ you need both the personal relationship and the structure of religion. Any time you follow god without belief in a structure you are just making up your own religion. Christ established a church when he came in the meridian of time. He sent forth "apostles and prophets, teachers,pastors and evangelists." They were to cry repentance unto the people, baptize the believers congregate them into the body of christ so that they could edify each other, take of the sacrament and ordinances and continue to be perfected in him. He also left the spirit so that they could feel his love personally and develop a personal relationship with him and then to act like him and be an agent of his in building the church. The "church" is synonymous with the "body of Christ". You have to have both my dear brother. One without the other doesn't give the results that Christ intended for his followers to have. You can't be stretched, challenged, developed and edified as a single entity. Just remember the disdain for "religion" is built by many of the same generalized hatred that racism is. I am proud to be a member of the church that believed in the abolishment of slavery long before the country did. I am proud to be in a country where I could grow and achieve- limited only by my own limitations and not by "external" forces. What other country in the world can you go from trailer house Eagar to what I have been blessed to accomplish? I declare the essence of the country is great and if you can't achieve in this society, you just can't achieve period! No more excuses remember! We have a half black president now. I didn't need him to know that this country was great. I didn't need him to let me know "anything was possible". I am already living the dream like thousands of others, even millions of others who haven't been caged by our own misperceptions of the state of this country.

Lastly, I think you are doing super well Ammon. I couldn't do as well as you are doing for what you have been through. I would have done much worse and probably be in jail. With my weaknesses and susceptibilities, I would be far worse. I openly admit it and wrote as such. I spoke frankly, not about you, but about me. I am telling you that Christ and his CHURCH make the difference.... he left both, not so we could chose between the two but instead he commanded us that we had to have both to achieve the purpose of why we came here....it is necessary to have the private experiences and the group experiences. They aren't mutually exclusive like the "anti Religion" movement would like people to believe. I am grateful for this interchange brother. I knew these misconceptions existed and I have been awaiting the opportunity to explain and share. Who would have thought Obamamania diatribes would get us on the gospel!

Jackie said...

I'm afraid of commenting on this one so I'll just say... Go USA! I am hoping and praying for better days for all, even though I'm not jumping for joy after this election. I'm so saddened by the increase in hatred not particularly here but in the nation in general due to politics and issues on marriage though. Inspite of it all, I think I will have a lot more to be thankful for this upcoming Thanksgiving.

Erin Lily said...

wow! this has been one enlightening read.:=)
Since I can't begin where to comment, I will just share my own personal views and hope my own family member's will not attack me for it or take any of it personal.
I was just as upset that Mr. Obama was elected as our next president. He was NOT the lesser of the two evils for me. Aside from his shady connections, his unwillingness to disclose much about himself, his actions (which speak much louder than his smooth hypnotizing effect on some), his thinking of how saving trees is somehow more important than saving babies...I could go on.
Butit was the feeling I had about this man when I prayed about him..that gave me my answer.
We are responsible for keeping this great nation, a rightous and blessed nation above all others. I don't blame anyone for the condition we are in right now..except ourselves. We elect those politicians, our officials that carry our voices for all to hear. The more wicked we get, the more our Government will reflect this. If we don't get our act together really quick, we may be facing our judgement day sooner, rather than later. For some, this will be a welcome thing..because its time for God to be the center of all once again. But for other's, sadly, this will seal their fate.
For my brothers and sisters, I am so very blessed to be apart of each of you. We were blessed with parents that taught us the gospel, we are so blessed to have been born in this day and age, together. Heavenly Father saved us to help uphold his truth and rightousness, when we knew we would be the minority. We knew just how hard it would be and we were still strong enough to rejoice in knowing it was for him and that, no matter what, it was still worth it in the end.
Heavenly Father has his own plans, so I will be quiet once more and put my trust and faith in him. The only way people will be able to embrace any light, is if maybe they are lost in darkness for awhile..I will just thank my Heavenly Father for the 'flashlight' he has blessed me with, my testimony.
This country has gotten so greedy, arrogant, selfish, and just down right evil...that they have all but forgotten what brought us here. "One nation, under God..". I pray that all of you "cling" to your religion, your faith, your morals...and your blessings that Heavenly Father continues to give to you daily.

and Ammon, even Mr. Obama has publically referred to himself as a "mutt". So, I'm hoping this will finally put an end to all the issues over racism that plague this country and family. It's finally OK to be who you are.;)..for myself; an AWESOME 1/2 white, 1/2 mexican from Eagar, AZ!! WOOT!

xoxoxoxoxoxo,
Erin

Lani said...

Lani here.

I appreciated your comment Erin.

Lani

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Lily said...

lol, Ammon. No one thinks your a "lost" brother except for some insecure feelings your buying into. No one loves you as much as your family does. We all have gone through personal trials that have brought us closer to the atonement and love of the saviour. You are an amazing person, Ammon. You are strong, humble, and you have always known whats right. Don't let little things get in the way of whats truly important. I love you with all of my heart!
Love, your sister

P.S.
I don't think its important what color any of our friends are. All that matters is what kind of a friend they find in us.;)

Lani said...

3 of my 4 assistants at work are african-american, plus my office is where all the african americans in my squadron come to eat lunch because they have told the commander that it is the place they feel comfortable and welcome. I work with them and on them every single day. When I say I have 3 that are close friends, I mean I have 3 that I know better and they know me better than my own brother! I mean I have 3 that know my values and that are such close friends that I would trust them with anything and everything. I respond as such because it is my brother crying racist/stereo type to me. I can make fun of black people or stereo type them with my friends and work mates because we know each other well and joke, talk, understand each other. They can do the same. I can do the same about whites, mexicans, mormons or what have you, so can they. But the key is that they are comfortable in their skins and I am comfortable in mine. They have watched me and know my values and respect them. We respect and enjoy each other's company. But if there is any doubt about it. Most importantly, we don't make excuses and take offense when no offense is intended. That cries of insecurity and is playing victim.

If any still doubt, I'll even buy the plane ticket and fly you down here for a week, put you up in some nice digs, feed you well and let you see more people of color in one week than you might have seen in your whole life.... but you can say what you want, believe what you want... it is only to your detriment. If I was offended for everything I could be offended over I would still be in my hometown, crying at the world, trapped in my own mental cage of victimhood. AND, I probably would have voted for Obama hoping that he could change all that for me!

I actually pray for our leaders of this country, not because I am righteous and not because God hears my prayers more than others but I know they need help because most of them are on the wrong track. All I can do is pray, vote, and be as successful as I can and teach my kids to be thinking citizens.

I love my family-even my extended family. I am joyous when I hear of their successes and righteousness and I feel great sadness when I hear of their heartache, trials, or faltering testimonies. I am grateful to those in the family who inspire me with their righteousness and faithfulness to the gospel. I am very blessed!

Lani said...

hmmm....

I guess I should get my own blogger identity. But this is Lani, and I hope Sherdon puts up a new post soon about our kids or the weather or something.

Sherdon is a fighter if I ever knew one. His greatest strength can be his greatest weakness. I don't think this dialogue has accomplished much except for hurting feelings. (Ammon wasn't the only one offended here. :)

There were a lot of truths expressed, but with too much enmity and animosity.

But, I can just say to all of you whose feelings have been hurt, whose feathers have been ruffled, or who have lost a little respect for the involved belligerents, that I as the person married to this "prize-fighter" know that the sun will come out tomorrow and it is possible to love Sherdon even more after one of these knock-down drag-outs!

I guess this post made life interesting for a few people for a few days.

Oh, and in case you couldn't read between the lines, I know that Sherdon loves his family very much. This is why he even cares what you all think enough to spend way too much time commenting on this post!

-Lani

Cordova Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Lily said...

Ammon, you can close that distance just as much as he can. What is stopping you? Maybe its time to put ourselves in others shoes instead of waiting for them to do it first.

Love, Erin

Erin Lily said...

**Darwin here, hijacking my wifes name. :)

Sherdon, I enjoyed your input to this political mess we have gotten ourselves into! The country wanted a change and they blame Presedent Bush, but why has no one seen that the last two years, we have had a Demmie congress and house.
The president does not make laws he says yes or nea! thats it! Yet people call him a war monger. The fact is that every major conflict the U.S. has been in, was started by the Demacrats i.e WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam ( Kennedy) (we lost that war!)
They have compaired Barrack Hussein Obama to JFK! He is not bringing our troops home, he is sending them all to Afganistan. Different politics same results.

Russia lost in Afganistan. Under the same pretence that we are there for. You can choose a differant President.. you will still have the same money defecit! The only thing that truly changes is your taxes with a differant party. Some want less of it, some want more!!!!
Sherdon, please keep your mind and heart clear and keep being steadfast and immovable! Your a great example to all of us! lots of love Darwin