The Front Porch welcoming crew
The Mrs. decorating the tree out front
It was a candy 'free for all'. The babe even got intoxicated on sugar.
This costume is a family hierloom... Lani made it for Kimball in Minnesota and it is so adorable on a crawling child. It is made from an old 100 thick polyester curtain I think. 
Here in the bible belt, they don't "officially" like halloween so they let the kids do a crazy hair day for halloween instead
For the ward trunker treat, we went as Snow White and the 7 dwarfs..... grumpy was the lucky dwarf because he ended up with Snow White at the end of the night ;)My wife is absolutely out of control for Halloween. She loves it. It is like her Marti Gras. If she could she'd celebrate it for a week. We went to a ward party as one thing then two nights later had Halloween in our neighborhood and the kids all dressed up as something different. Lani even dresses up the house! The kids were absolutely out of control. They had so much candy and had such little supervision, I mean it was honestly like the local chapter of AAA locking itself into a well stocked liquor store.... by about 10 pm, there were kids passed out all over the house with candy in both hands and in their mouths. Wrappers and half eaten candy everywhere. So much gum, gewy suckers, you name it it was just out of control. I awoke the next morning at 6 am, I kid you not, to the sound of wrappers, sucking, and gum smacking; they were at it again the next morning. It was like a hung over drunk awaking early for an 'eye opener'...... I am not joking when I say this but Talmage didn't eat one meal, not one in over 24 hours! He ate candy like a crack addict and drank so much water. I figured that I would do to my kids what you always hear in that classic retold account of catching your kid smoking so you make them smoke the whole pack right there until they puke in an attempt to extinguish any future desire.... yea you guessed it, it DIDN'T work. The more candy they ate the more frenzied the urge and I honestly was going to check them into a candy rehab facility. So I decided I'd "Barak Obama" the candy and take it away from them and give back to them what I thought they "needed" and proceeded to waste the rest of it in some ignonimous fashion. So now you guys all know that I don't really appreciate tons of candy. Now you know why my kids nominated me to be Grumpy for Halloween. I shouldn't be so grumpy though because after Tuesday I'm going to get "free" nationalized health care and some dentists will do all my kids work for free inspite of the fact that I freely let them eat candy like it was going out of style. I love this.... no choices.... no consequences.... no responsibility. I think I'll just sit at home and wait for the government to send me a check after they go and rob (I mean "distribute") the wealth after they extract it from those evil people who for some reason have figured out how to earn it. Yup, I'm going to quit my job and sit back and rake it in. Maybe I'm going to like this Halloween as much as the Mrs after a few years. It will just take me some time to lose my heart, desire, brains, and enjoy my new government created vegetative state of being.... binging on my kids candy... drunk on my new found lack of self control and self responsibility. Happy Halloween! Happy Voting!
10 comments:
You aren't Grumpy, you are Cynically: The adopted step child that lived through a particularly painful political period in history. It is a most difficult costume to wear for Halloween for most of us. Some just have a talent for those things.
The rest of us, we just get mad, spit and apply for citizenship in France where it is less socialistic and much more willing to defend itself in times of war.
I feel like there is some sort of political undertone going on here, but I can't quite pick up on it. I'm supposed to vote for Obama, right? No? Wait, don't NOT vote for Obama?
P.S. Candy is gross. I can only stomach about three pieces at a time. When I was a kid, my candy would last me all year unless my siblings found my stash.
SO FUNNY! You can actually pull off the 7 dwarves stuff too! Great job on EVERYTHING Lani! Ok, how do you get them all to conform to your costume idea because I'm dreading the day when my boy will want to do what he wants. Maybe I'm a control freak! They all look so adorable!
Sherdon, maybe Snow White should've handed out apples this year...
Glad to hear the Cordovas are doing their best to keep Halloween alive! Never pegged Sherdon as a political satirist, since he rarely has an opinion on those types of things. I know I'm ready to put in my daily 8 hours and let my government help me get rich, like everyone else!
I LOVE the Snow White detail...you guys look awesome.
I am not so cool about Halloween, and was informed by my children that our house is lame due to the lack of Halloween decorations.
At our house they each choose their favorite 12 pieces of candy to be set aside for them, and the rest goes into a big bowl for the family, which translates into "what I use to stay awake and keep somewhat sane in a houseful of little people while my husband works long hours." My name is Kristin, and I am a chocoholic.
I feel kind of sick about tomorrow. I keep trying not to think about it. Happy voting!
Don't worry, Sherdon. I'm one of the poor people who will get the rich people's money and I'll be sure to use it wisely and give back. Maybe we can establish some "trickle-up economics."
Wow, I didn't think anyone could mix Halloween, voting and Alcoholics Anonymous together but you did it with style! Nice.
I don't think you could've said it better! Love the house, your mardi Gras and the costumes! Even better, the heirloom costume! I'm freakin though, I don't want to raise my kids in this Obamanation. Let's cross our fingers and toes for a miracle! And yes, we found colton's stash every year! My kids didn't get a chance to binge, they fell asleep on the way home and we hid the candy and keep it on the move!
I love the costumes. Lani, your creativity never ceases to amaze me. What an amazing family! It is fun to see your blog. We miss you guys!! JaLayne
Oh, you guys did great with your costume theme. Awesome job! I like your candy analogy. Yet it's hard to laugh because it will soon be the story of our lives.
Post a Comment