Brigham "Tex" is literally our rootin', tootin', "pistol" totin' cowboy. Changing his diaper has resulted in everyone getting shot by his "six shooter". We have all been casualties. He has spared no one. He gets plenty of love from his brothers and sister. Talmage has been extra concerned and gentle so far and there is tons of potential for a good relationship there I think. Talmage has went from a little terror to a sweet little guy. I have enjoyed his transition from our toughest child to an enjoyable little personality. I think Brigham being here has and will help. Not lots of sleep, especially for mama, but we've been here before and we know it passes. Sleep deprivation is kind of like fasting.... you just have to draw deeply on your spirit to get through it. I did it for years in residency for drunkards in the Emergency Room, I actually enjoy some of the night time I get with my kids. Some of those nights up are actually pretty precious and I've felt the spirit strongly as I've held, rocked, burped, or changed these little guys. Lani is unreal how unselfish and tough she is. My hero. Nothing like her in all the world...... I feel guilty for telling her I love her when we were first married, because compared to how I feel for her now after all we've been through and these fabulous spirits in our family, what I felt then wasn't a drop for the awe and love I feel for this wonderful woman now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a cute kid!!
Tex is so cute! Isn't it fun how much love those little ones get from their older siblings? Anyway, enjoy these moments. Our baby is already 4 months old (and sleeping 11 hours a night--hallelujah!)
Wow, he looks great! Hardly any road rash! I think having the older ones to help is wonderful. Not always willing, but very helpful. Can you imagine having all of them at once? I cannot, but know of a girl from CV who had 6 babies all at once last summer. Darn that dr, he shot her up with too many swimmers. Remarkably, they all are doing great with no side effects of being a multiple.
Hang in there Lani, this non sleeping thing will pass. You are MY hero!
He is a very beautiful baby. And I'm not just saying that. If I thought he was freaky looking I would have just said I liked his shirt. Just kidding.
He is so sweet! You have definitely been blessed with an awesome lady, I remember Andy talking about what a great person she was when you were first married. Good luck with the sleepless nights...
You did a great job again guys. He is handsome. Glad he is adjusting well to life in the Cordova clan. We sure miss you guys!
Lani is quite the woman! Your family has been richly blessed. JaLayne
Post a Comment