Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Giant has Passed Away 29 Dec 2007











Antonio Fajardo was sitting on the front step of his house November 1993. We had just exited Henry Gutierrez home and I noticed the little man sitting there. He later came across the street and asked Henry about us. Henry told us and we began to teach him the gospel. I had the incredible privilege to teach and baptize him and his family. He has been a pillar in the church every since then. He passed away 29 December 2007 from complication of diabetes and renal disease. We had been praying for him as a family for a couple weeks now. He was the Bishop of the Jinotepe Ward and had sent out over 25 missionaries into the field from his ward. He was an absolute faithful and wonderful man. Tough and faithful. Prayers of our family go out to this great man and his family. For all the young people he sent out on a mission, I guess, he decided to sent himself on a mission.........

5 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

That is great that you were still in touch with him after all these years. I am sure someone like him will be sorely missed!!!

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. You know it's a special connection to keep in contact through the years and miles. keep smiling, he's still doing missionary work, just not here...

Wendi said...

I loved the missionary part of your DVD. It was really fun to watch.

Thanks so much for the kind words on my blog.

Really? Homemade mac and cheese leftovers? Ha ha ha! I don't even remember! I just remember what kind friends you guys always were to us.

Wish you lived closer. I've learned how to cook now. I'd try to redeem myself!

Happy New Year!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

I am sorry to hear...I am sure he will be missed. He sounds like he will be a great missionary on the other side. It is amazing to see how many lives are affected by one baptism.

Hilmer Fajardo said...

I sit it more, so I shared every moment of my conversion with him and his life went completely and entirely to the service of the Lord and His children, I love him, expect to be worth being to his side.
Hilmer