Monday, December 24, 2007

Climbing the Ladder of Success or Just Breaking a Leg? You Decide....







Since when could he..... if his mother knew that I was watching him.... Well, what can I say? Dad was left tending the kids while mom was out shopping/returning items and the kids must have this internal drive that says, "mom is gone! Dad is watching us! Now is our time to test our skills.... Now is the time to raide the treat cupboard!" Why is it that kids make us dads look bad by doing some outlandish thing while their mothers are gone? So when mom comes back and someone has a broken leg, cut forehead or an instrument in some orifice that mom says, "what on earth has been going on?!?!" "Doesn't your worthless father watch you when I leave?!?!" The kids are as much to blame as us dads. I mean there is something natural that clicks in kids when the door clicks as moms walk out the house. This "click" is the click of daredevil or just little-devil. Whatever it is it sure makes us dads look bad.... as if we needed any more help looking bad. We seem to do a decent job of it ourselves.... at least that is what my wife says......

6 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

With a smile like his, how you could he ever get in trouble? I LOVE the dimples!!!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Men are like snakes and women are like an octopus. Ya'll are just not much for multitakin and the kids know it! :)

Dawn said...

Oh, I don't know about that. Pretty bad things happen on "tom's watch" but if he knew the things that go on when he's at work, he'd kill me. My phylosphy is that kids bounce back after injury and mishaps. But we are all alive at the end of the day and there is no permant damage done. Just remeber, you CANNOT replace a child.

Lani said...

sure you can.... uh... ADOPTION! "honey, meet our new child Ubajibde... he's much more well behaved than that other child, who looked like me and didn't behave well.

Colton said...

It probably has something to do with the "go ahead and climb on the counter, I am going to take a picture" attitude.

And women are like octopi. Tentacled, beaky, slimy, carnivorous, and can squeeze through holes the size of their mouths.

And who needs adoption when you obviously know how to make them yourselves?

Lani said...

actually it is the oh my gosh, I didn't know this kid had these kind of skills yet and I'm going to get a picture....I hope he doesn't fall and crack his noggin while I'm running to the bedroom to get the camera. I mean to not know the kid is on the counter is one thing but to know he's on the counter and abandon him while you run to get a camera.... thats seems almost a little neglectish to me. Trust me after I took the picture, he WASN'T smiling! Kind of mixed messages huh? Let me take a picture of you on the counter before I spank the dog snot out of you for doing something so stupid! But smile for the camera first.... bad dad-bad dad