Sunday, December 9, 2007

Picture Virgin


Now I finally got a post to show up I'm working for a picture of the family..... I do feel bad for getting so upset and swearing though.... my wife just summarized President Hinckley's talk for me on anger and once again I've been found lacking in virtue and self control.... my next question is this: I know that there are some very saintly people in our family but on the average, are we in this family more prone to swearing than other families? I mean, I try not to, but I fail about once a week no matter how hard I try. My wife's family has mastered their tongue. They might go a decade without a slip.... I feel very weak around them. Inspired but weak at the same time....oh, the picture I got to post is of my family in my hometown of Eagar, Arizona at Thanksgiving. My dad and my step mom are in the picture with us as well as our "short bus"- van.

4 comments:

Lani said...

Colton, you'd be proud of me. I published this post and realized I had two or three gramatical errors and at first I said, "who gives a ...". Then I caught myself in the thought and fixed it. You'd think after having as many degrees as a thermometer, I'd have mastered the English language... not so. I hate it. It always bests me.

David and JaLayne said...

I have the same problem. The "holy" Grows never swear, but the Flakes drop the d--- and h--- right and left. I can go months though, so I have improved. JaLayne

Dawn said...

You are hilarious, I loved the cussing comment. I do, however think that we are an extraordinary family and we do cuss ALOT more than any other family. I know that if one of my kids say something they shouldn't, they learned it from me. What can I say, I grew up thinking that if John Wayne said it, it was OK. Thanks Dad, Tom appreciates that.

Heitmann Family said...

Well can we really be held accountable for our language when that was what we heard all our lives? "hells bells" was a favorite of my dad and many others when the circumstances called for it. I guess we do have our free agency huh, darn!! I am glad to see some pics of your family, including your dad. I haven't seen him since Hannah's wedding!!!