






My favorite Christmas song is Still, Still, Still.... but as a parent, the words Sleep, Sleep, Sleep are fitting.
As a parent, a good night's sleep is a blessed thing. It is a common thing to be awakened by a bad dream, a wet bed, an ear ache, growing pains, vomit, insomnia ("I can't fall asleep"), hunger, "I need to go potty", thirst, too cold, too hot, lightning/thunder, and lastly by being kicked/hit-be it inadvertant/intentional- by a bed partner...... and as if your issues weren't enough, then the kids can wake you up also with their problems! :)
Some kids are good sleepers, some are not. Some go through fazes of good and bad. Just when you think the house is getting settled down and you'll be able to get some ZZZZZ's someone breaks the carma by going through something that invariably costs a parent some sleep. I have learned to appreciate my kids sleep. I think my kids are the best kids on the planet.... when they are asleep. I love my kids more than anything.... when they are asleep. My kids are the cutest kids in town-bar none.... when they are asleep. There is love at home, the stars are aligned and the whole world is in harmony.... when the little ones are sleeping.
In residency with countless weeks over 100 hours working, we adopted a motto of "eat when you can, sleep when you can".... I think this is appropriate for parenting also.
6 comments:
I couldn't agree more. We are also fond of the "don't wake the bear" at our house. If Meysa is asleep, then let her sleep for heavens sake!!!
AMEN! I think sleep is a precious commodity often missed out on by parents. The more kids you have, the worse it can be. And did you know that smuggling that many kids in to a hotel room is against the rules? We did it all the time until my parents decided it was worth getting adjoining rooms. Then they could just lock their door and go to sleep whenever they wanted. I think they actually encourage jumping on hotel beds, as long as we didn't put a hole in the wall. I don't recall that ever happening, but maybe it has...
Hi Cordovas--We LOVED your Christmas video. It was so fun to see what you have been up to this year. Congrats on the imminent arrival of #6. You can keep up with our family at http://www.zsbradshaw.blogspot.com/ Merry Christmas!
Zach and Sarah Bradshaw
imminent... that is actually a very accurate description...
We sure love your Christmas DVD and look forward to it every year. You are so talented! What an amazing family you have!
Our blog is www.inawesomewonder.blogspot.com
Our cards are probably coming out in January. Don't give up on us!
wendi and brian
Sherdon, how many times have I told you that you that you have GOT to stop wetting the bed! Sheesh...
Post a Comment