Saturday, January 19, 2008

We Welcome Brother Brigham to the Quordova Quorum





























We welcome Brigham Nathan Cordova to the clan. I am an avid biography reader especially of the latter day apostles and prophets. It started in undergrad when I couldn't put Sherrie Dew's biography of President Hinckley down (I read it in 36 hours- and it wasn't even a Harry Potter book!). Since that time many years ago I have read many. Each time I have finished one I have come to the conclusion that the best men of our day have held this calling-no question. Each of my children also have 7 letters in their first names... kind of weird. The two boys names I still like are Widtsoe and Ballard. I had a strange feeling (who knows if it was inspired) 5 years ago when Kimball was born that I was going to have 5 boys. I took the kids to the hospital this morning and they absolutely loved holding their newest clan's man. They also seemed pretty interest in what was out the 5th floor hospital window.







10 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!!

We are thrilled for you guys.

I still say, that when I grow up I want to be Lani.

Crys said...

OK I would like to point out that Jason made that post under my name about the little lady. Not that I don't agree but still! Congrats Cordova Clan on your newest arrival. That is so exciting and your kids look so loving with little Brigham. Jason's grandfather's name is Widtsoe. We talk all the time about naming a son Wid. That's funny. Anyway congrats again.

Lani said...

I read John A Widtsoe's biography a few years ago and talk about a stallion. He was incredible. His wife was Brigham Young's granddaughter and daughter of the famous Suza Young Gates. Suza Young Gates' mother Lucy Bigelow, who was one of Brigham Young's wives, is a relative of mine. Most all of Brigham Youngs discoursea and biographies were written by John A Widtsoe!

Wendi said...

Congratulations!

Dawn said...

Congrats! Careful though, he looks as if he's going to slide off of their laps! He's got to get used to the rough handling though, right?

Unknown said...

Wow, what a cute little bundle of joy! I'm glad that my mom could help to bring him in. Love you all!
-Brigham's favorite Aunt

David and JaLayne said...

What an amazing baby. Congratulations. I guess it is time we have another one:) Can't wait to see him, JaLayne

Jenn said...

Congrats!!! Good job guys, you have such a cute family! Good luck, and we love looking at your blog.

Jared said...

Nicely done. He's a great-looking addition to the already great-looking Cordova Clan. Felicitaciones!

Colton said...

Well, you are just...nevermind, that was going to be inappropriate. I'm trying not to be so obscene. Congratulations!