Saturday, May 31, 2008

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't climb up there!

I've finally found a place at home where I can go to get away from it all to just think and contemplate the profound mysteries of life without any interuption or distrubance.....
What! There is no rest for the wicked. No peace for the heavy laden. No quiet calm for the down trodden..... just like a bunch of little blood sucking monkeys!

Uh oh, what can of worms have I opened up? Do as I say not as I do.... the motto all good dads live by!


6 comments:

mwalker said...

You have monkeys! I can't believe that they can climb like that! Kids do take alot of time and energy, but it's so worth it. I just don't know how parents do it with so many. Forget the expense it takes, just the time. Where do you get time?! I do agree with you about how their school work and projects consume family life and time. My girls consistently had an hour and a half of homework after school, not including 20 minutes of reading they had to log daily, in addition to quarterly science projects and reports. It was such a pain especially when their projects were due during my midterms or finals. (which happened by the way.)

Zach and Sarah said...

What is it with dads? Zach teaches our kids all of the fun (aka "dangerous") things they shouldn't be doing as soon as they start walking.

Erin Lily said...

oh my heck! LOL. My kids want to know if they can come visit. The trampoline and the big tree out front just aren't enough for them anymore. hahahaha.

mwalker said...

So true! Why is it that daddy's get to teach and tolerate the naughty fun stuff?! My girls let me know all the time that when I'm at work dad lets them eat in the living room, watch shows I don't let them see, etc... This morning the first thing Holli says to me is, "Mom, I broke your picture on the wall because dad and I were playing catch in house and he said to throw as hard as I could. I threw the ball really hard mom, he ducked to not get hit, sorry mom." I guess I should be thankful the picture frame was there to get hit and that I don't have a hole in the wall.

Jackie said...

Lani, I feel for you...

Anne said...

If I were Lani I probably wouldn't be very happy about that. With my boys they would be doing that all of the time. The first time one of them fell off and broke there head....I would say, "I told you so"! Very talented climbers though! :O)